Myocardial and pericardial disease Webinars: 2 june
- PROFESSOR PERRY ELLIOTT, FESC. Cardiology Department (St Bartholomew’s Hospital, United Kingdom).
- PROFESSOR MICHAEL ARAD, FESC. Heart Failure Unit (Sheba Medical Center, Israel)
- PROFESSOR ALES LINHART, FESC. 2nd Department of Internal Medicine (U nemocnice 2, Czech Republic)
- To educate cardiologists in the differential diagnosis of hypertrophic cardiomyopathies with a particular focus on lysosomal storage diseases. This issue will be addressed by Professor PM Elliott from London, UK, who will focus on essential red flags in diagnosing specific types of cardiomyopathies.
- To give an overview of lysosomal storage diseases associated with cardiac manifestations. This issue will be addressed by professor Michael Arad who will give examples of LSDs worth to remember. In particular, he will focus on glycogen storage diseases, Pompe disease and some muccopolysaccharidoses.
- To address the differential diagnosis and treatment possibilities of the most frequent LSD – Fabry disease. Professor Aleš Linhart will cover different cardiac manifestations of Fabry disease and address treatment possibilities and targets.